Applied Software Engineering & AI Research Group (ASE)
ASE research topics include software engineering, requirements engineering, machine learning, recommender systems, knowledge representations for complex products and services, and related concepts supporting explainable AI (XAI). Example application domains are healthcare, public administration, intelligent production, and financial services.
Recent Papers …
- V.-M. Le, C.V. Silva, A. Felfernig, T.N.T. Tran, J. Galindo, D. Benavides. FastDiagP: An Algorithm for Parallelized Direct Diagnosis. In 37th AAAI Conference on Artificial Intelligence. AAAI’23, Washington, DC, USA. 2023.
- V.M. Le, A. Felfernig, M. Uta, T.N.T. Tran, and C. Vidal-Silva. WipeOutR: Automated Redundancy Detection for Feature Models. In 26th ACM International Systems and Software Product Line Conference – Volume A (SPLC’22), Graz, Austria. 2022.
- A Popescu, S Polat-Erdeniz, A Felfernig, M Uta, M Atas, VM Le, K Pilsl. An Overview of Machine Learning Techniques in Constraint Solving, Journal of Intelligent Information Systems 58 (1), 91-118. 2022.
Recent Best Papers …
- Web Intelligence 2019 Best Papers: R. Samer, M. Stettinger, and A. Felfernig. Towards Issue Recommendation for Open Source Communities, 2019.
- Configuration Workshop 2018 Best Papers: M. Atas, T. Trang, R. Samer, D. Fucci, A. Felfernig and M. Stettinger. Liquid Democracy in Group-based Configuration, 2018. Ralph Samer, M. Atas, A. Felfernig, M. Stettinger, A. Falkner and G. Schenner. Group Decision Support for Requirements Management Processes, 2018.
- SEKE 2017 Best Paper: A. Shehadeh, A. Felfernig, M. Jeran, M. Stettinger and S. Reiterer. Knowledge-based Learning Content Generation in the StudyBattles Environment, Pittsburgh, PN, 2017.
- UMAP 2015 Best Papers: M. Stettinger, A. Felfernig, G. Leitner, and S. Reiterer. Counteracting Anchoring Effects in Group Decision Making, 2015.
- Configuration Workshop 2016 (ConfWS’16) Runner-up best paper: A. Felfernig, M. Atas, T. Tran, and M. Stettinger. Towards Group-based Configuration, pp. 69-72, Toulouse, France, 2016.
Systems Developed by ASE …
CheckR supports personalized knowledge sharing & learning processes. On the basis of gamification and recommendation technologies, it helps to improve the quality of personal learning processes. Try it out here!
EventHelpr supports the management of ad hoc events (e.g., project meetings, travels, workshops, and repeated goup meetings). It also supports innovation and group decision making on the basis of various decision support techniques. Try it out here!